Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Water Truck Day ~ Day 2 Eaglebrook Church Woodbury

Before water truck

Today we delivered clean water to Cite Soleil. From the minute the door opened on the Tap Tap (the truck we ride in) we were covered in beautiful children! They want to be loved and held and didn't want us to let go. In thinking about what this day would bring, I wondered if my heart would be broken when I stepped into their world. But for me it was exactly the opposite. My heart is spilling over with love and joy and I felt the Lord working in me in a way I've never experienced before!! My heart is not broken.... my heart is OPEN!!!! Even with the language barrier, the eyes are the window to the soul and hugs are the universal expression of love.

We went to Hope Church and we got to physically sit in the church that Eaglebrookers along with many other churches helped build!! Again, my heart was filled with love and joy to see and touch what the Lord is doing here. What was once a garbage dump is now a place to worship and praise Jesus! It moved me so deeply to hear the story of this church as he explained this world to us in his words!!

The team at Hope Church.

I'm so grateful and feel so blessed to be part of this team. I will never be the same. Tomorrow we get to love sick babies and handicapped children, our hearts will be filled much more love.

Thank you God for moving me to be here, now... your time, your glory...  is my gift and I am grateful!!! Love, Becki Alexander


Day 2
Water Truck Day!!

I woke up this morning to find our house hosts busy in the kitchen getting ready to feed the team breakfast.  I quickly found myself mixing up pancake batter and grilling pancakes.  Thanks to Mike and Paula for their help too!!  I then was traded to the job of cooking the scrambled eggs which  included, tomatoes, green peppers, turkey, and cheese.  Pretty yummie!!!!  While I was stirring the eggs, one of our hosts came over to check on me.  To my astonishment, she did not use the towel that I was using to hold the handle of the hot pan.  NO, she grabbed the side of the large pan with her bare hand and started to stir the pan herself.  She did this while looking at me and having a beautiful smile on her face.  Boy is she tough, but also kind and gentle!!  After breakfast we headed out to deliver water at three different stops.

I had heard from a family member that the water truck experience would be something that would be something that I would remember for the rest of my life.  He was right!!! 

We had three water stops scheduled for today. Each one of them was similar, but different.  Similar in that we were greeted by numerous families, children, and elders looking for water they needed to survive or a hug or just a smile from some strangers.   Similar in  that our team were Rock Stars at all three stops.  Different in that each stop brought new faces that welcomed our presence and that we were able to work God's plan.   I COULDN'T ASK FOR A BETTER TEAM TO SHARE MY FIRST MISSION TRIP WITH.  I COULDN'T ASK FOR BETTER LEADERS THAN ANGIE AND JASON!

The first two days have gone by quickly.  I pray that God continues to put us in a position throughout the rest of the week to do his work.  No matter what is!!!

Some words on how I felt today were...... indescribable, exhausted, devastated, heart broken, joyful, uncertain, love, happiness, and grateful.  Grateful that God has put me in this position to hopefully make a small difference in the lives that I/we came in contact with today.  Grateful that I had the unconditional support of my family and friends to experience one of my "bucket list" items.

God Bless!

Jeff Whisler

After water truck


No comments:

Post a Comment